IAPHL Nigeria Chapter started the year on an exciting note with a fitness walk and award ceremony. The event held on Saturday, January 12, 2018 at the Millennium Park, Abuja. The 35 members present walked a distance of about 5km around the Hilton Hotel.
The walk was followed by the award ceremony. Several members received awards in the following categories:
- MVP: This award was presented to all members of the IAPHL Nigeria Chapter inaugural workshop committee for their immense contributions towards the workshop. Members of the committee were Chuka Chiezie, Chinedu Obi, Chima Amadi, Matthew Attah, Bennett Urama, Miranda Gyang, Akut Stephen, Chris John Mamuda and Tony Anammah
- Most Supportive Member: Chuka Chiezie, Chairman of the IAPHL Nigeria Chapter, received this award for supporting this chapter with his finances and resources. He made IAPHL branded folders, notepads, pens and roll-up banners for the inaugural workshop. He also made the t-shirts members wore for the walk, out of pocket.
- Member with Most Attendance: Chinedu Obi won this award because he had the most attendance to IAPHL Nigeria Chapter meetings from October 2017 – December 2018. He attended 12 of the 15 meetings held.
Award of Merit: This award was presented to the Executive Director, IAPHL, Liz Igharo for her invaluable contributions to the IAPHL Nigeria Chapter. She participated in and helped to coordinate meetings held and has contributed finances and ideas from her wealth of experience to the chapter.
- Supply chain learning boot camp to be conducted in April, 2019 and the next IAPHL Nigeria Chapter Workshop in November, 2019.
- The next IAPHL Nigeria chapter meeting is scheduled to hold at the GHSC-PSM Office, Utako on Friday, February 1, 2018.
- Aigbe Eromon kindly volunteered to make the presentation on ‘Human Resources for Health: Supply Chain Perspective’ at the February 1, meeting.
Please see pictures and videos below
IAPHL Nigeria Chapter Fitness Walk and Award Ceremony