May 18, 2021
The Senior Supply Chain Technical Advisor (SSCTA) contributes to JSI’s strategic and technical leadership in supply chain management. For nearly 40 years, John Snow, Inc. (JSI) has been assisting developing country governments, donor agencies, nongovernmental organizations, and private companies to strengthen public health supply chains to ensure the availability of essential medicines. JSI delivers sustainable results in challenging environments, applying a continuum of solutions spanning the breadth of the supply chain from procurement to the last mile, tailored to local needs.
JSI is looking for a dynamic self-starter who is committed to strengthening client-centric supply chains that expand access to quality, affordable health products around the world. The SSCTA provides strategic and technical leadership to guide, execute and grow JSI’s public health supply chain portfolio.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Contributing to JSI health supply chain strategies and priorities
- Providing technical and strategic guidance to projects and initiatives including oversight and management of projects and activities
- Co designing, leading and, as appropriate, participating in in-country technical assistance assignments and producing high quality deliverables.
- Adapting, developing and deploying health supply chain tools and frameworks to meet client and project needs.
- Identifying and promoting innovative scalable supply chain solutions that improve product availability for customers.
- Promoting information sharing, learning, and application of lessons learned within JSI and throughout the wider community through conferences, international meetings and strategic communication.
- Maintaining JSI’s technical leadership in health supply chain management by monitoring industry trends and advances and adapting them to meet the evolving needs of our clients.
- Growing our portfolio by identifying and fostering key client relationships, developing concept notes and pitches, and leading the proposal development process.
- Supporting and mentoring staff in appropriate areas of professional development.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in public health, supply chain management, business administration, pharmacy or laboratory science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in public health supply chain management, pharmacy management programs in low and middle income countries or other relevant experience
- Skills and deep experience in at least one of the following areas: health product market shaping; supply chain design and optimization; private sector supply chain services execution; digital management information system implementation; supply chain data analytics; or financial and economic analysis.
- Proven record in client engagement, leadership, project management and resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with international funders and agencies, local partners, and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and support all aspects of new business development, from concept design to client identification to proposal development and award
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, a commitment to teamwork, and the ability to work effectively within a nonhierarchical structure.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Although the position is based in the JSI/Arlington office, telework arrangements will be considered. Regardless of location, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country in which they reside.
For more information and to apply, click here.
March 5, 2021
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is seeking a consultant to lead statistical support on data analysis and hypothesis testing for a novel dataset of contraceptive security policy indicators.
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Performing data analysis on two sets of hypotheses, using the Harmonized Contraceptive Security (CS) Indicators Dataset, 2010-2019, which consolidates eight rounds of CS surveys into a single dataset, and outside data sources, as needed;
- Conducting rigor tests on all findings;
- Communicating significance, size and direction of findings for key hypotheses tested, and flagging any supplemental findings of note from the data analysis process to help guide the second iteration of the analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s/PhD preferred
- Strong statistical background, including significant experience with large-N analysis (especially with resolving challenges of over-fitting / over-determination)
- Understanding of family planning and contraceptive security research (especially datasets) highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communications skills
Duration of Assignment: March – May 2021, 30 days level of effort (LOE) expected
Please reach out to me directly or email PSMCLEAROperations@ghsc-psm.org if you are interested in this assignment.
February 11, 2021
Johnson & Johnson’s , Global Public Health organization is recruiting for a Senior Manager Supply Chain – Vaccines to be located in one of our J&J locations in Europe or Africa with a preference to be located in Ghana or Belgium but open to other locations in the region. For more information and to apply, click here.
What Will Be Your Responsibility?
Provide Supply Chain expertise to the Vaccines Team with your focus on the COVID Vaccine. Ebola, HIV, TBC, Zika can become part of your scope in the future.
- launch and closely collaborative integration with the wider organization and partners to ensure the on-time delivery of 100% committed vaccine supply for 2021
- Develop, present, and drive the execution and implementation of projects
- Spearhead new governance, with clear ownership of key problems and defined interconnection with global Janssen Supply Chain organization
- Take an active liaison role to provide full transparency and regular communications with all outside partners, including UNICEF, PAHO, recipient countries, and other partners.
- Shape and drive supply chain capacity and capability-building activities in GPH markets, including South America, Africa, and East and Southeast Asia
- Iterate and codify best practices to apply takeaways and successful strategies from COVID-19 vaccine execution to other Janssen vaccines, including HIV and Ebola.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is highly preferred.
- An advanced Logistics degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 8 years of operational experience.
- Experience in multiple supply chain aspects (plan, make, source, deliver) preferred.
- Supply Chain experience in lower-income countries required.
- Vaccines/medical supply chain experience and familiarity with vaccine stakeholder landscape required.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with internal and external partners and to influence beyond span of control.
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects and changes.
- Demonstrated interest in Global Public Health (Resource Limited Settings) is required.
Location Of Role / Travel Requirements:
- Africa (preference Ghana) or Europe (preference in Belgium)
- Travel: Limited through the duration of the pandemic period
Johnson & Johnson’s, Global Public Health organization is recruiting for an Affiliate Coordinator to be located in one of our J&J locations in Belgium or Ireland. For more information and to apply, click here.
What Will Be Your Responsibility?
Provide Supply Chain support to the Global Public Health Vaccines Team handling ongoing vaccine orders.
- Manage orders from both individual countries and multinational organizations, ensuring the successful delivery of COVID-19 vaccine doses
- Help support vaccine launch and closely collaborative integration with the wider GPH organization
- Develop, propose and drive the execution and implementation of Order Management projects, initiatives and activities relating to GPH responsibilities and vaccine delivery
- Take an active liaison role to provide full transparency and regular communications with all outside partners, including UNICEF, PAHO, and recipient countries
- Iterate and codify best practices to apply learnings and successful strategies from COVID-19 vaccine order management to other Janssen vaccines, including HIV and Ebola
- A minimum of a bachelor’s (or equivalent higher education) degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of operational experience.
- Order management experience required
- Vaccines/medical supply chain experience required
- Demonstrated ability to engage with internal and external partners and to influence beyond your span of control.
- Proven ability to drive projects and changes.
- Proven interest in Global Public Health (Resource Limited Settings) is required.
Location Of Role / Travel Requirements:
- Europe with a preference for Belgium or Ireland
- Travel: Very limited through the duration of the pandemic period
May 18, 2020
If your organization is interested in advertising job opportunities on the IAPHL Job Board, please consider becoming a sponsor. Our sponsorship options can be found on the Sponsor Us page.
October 9, 2019
- Senior Supply Chain Technical Advisor. Apply here.
There are currently no other vacant positions at JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI).