The International Association of Public Health Logisticians (IAPHL) enables people working in public health supply chains, especially in the global south, to connect, learn, and succeed. The association envisions a world where strong, well-run supply chains reach all people with life-saving health products, and supports logisticians worldwide by providing a forum for members to network, exchange ideas, and improve skills. Building on this work, IAPHL will be sponsoring a group of 10 members to participate in the PtD Global Indaba scheduled for October 12th and 13th, 2022.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic the human resource (HR) crisis in health supply chain management (SCM) in low-income countries is as serious as ever. Given the growing importance of the topic of workforce development in health supply chains, and the recognition of the urgent need for action, People that Deliver (PtD), alongside the International Association of Public Health Logisticians (IAPHL), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Pharmaceutical Systems Africa and SAPICS is hosting the PtD Global Indaba, an international forum with a dedicated focus on HR for SCM. It will be a space to present and share the significant experiences and knowledge that has been generated in this area in recent years. More information can be found here.
The ambassadorship will cover conference registration, airfare, lodging, and per diem costs. Ambassadors will be required to share their conference experiences with other members by posting on the listserv and completing a report.
Members’ eligibility for sponsorship selection will be based on the following:
- Must work in the public health supply chain sector preferably for a local organization that cannot afford to sponsor him/her to attend the conference
- Have not received a sponsorship or scholarship from IAPHL to an in-person event in the past
- Be willing and able to travel to Zambia on the specified conference dates
- Membership and strong participation in their IAPHL country chapter, discussions, and activities will be an added bonus
- Please note the secretariat wishes to have as many countries represented as possible
If you meet these requirements, please complete and submit the application form below. Please note the top 20 semi-finalists will be asked to respond to the following questions on the IAPHL listserv:
- Based on your experience, what do you consider the biggest challenge in human resources for supply chain management? Or a key challenge you are facing in supply chain management? Why?
The most interesting, thoughtful responses will be chosen to receive an ambassadorship.
Applications will close on June 3, 2022 at 5:00p.m. EST. If you have any questions, please contact the secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.