The International Association of Public Health Logisticians (IAPHL) is currently recruiting for a part-time (50% time) Global Community Manager based in Africa! The right person for this job is a passionate, innovative communications associate with experience working in public health.
Founded in 2007, IAPHL is a global community of practice that promotes the professional development of people working in public health supply chain management. IAPHL is dedicated to improving public health supply chain management (SCM) and commodity security by promoting the professional development of public health logisticians. The association supports logisticians worldwide by providing a community of practice where members can network, exchange ideas, and improve their professional skills.
The Global Community Manager will work with the IAPHL Executive Director to manage the IAPHL membership, technical, and communications needs of the association. Specifically, the Global Community Manager’s responsibilities include the following:
- Direct social media and website activities
- Manage daily listserv operations and member engagement
- Assist in strategy and business development
A more detailed list of responsibilities can be found here.
- Bachelor’s degree and some work experience in the field of social media and communications, plus at least three years’ experience providing program support in an international development context; preferred experience in international health, public health, or supply chain
- Experience with communities of practices or other professional communities an advantage
- Excellent writing and editing skills for a variety of mediums with a high attention to detail
- Avid user of social media across key channels including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn with an understanding of analytics tools and a deep understanding of how major social media platforms function and how best to strategically use them to promote the association
- Ability to work independently and in groups, to manage multiple tasks concurrently, and to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills with a problem-solving attitude who works both independently and as a collaborative team player
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Proficiency in Zoom, WordPress, Hootsuite, Canva, Google Analytics, and other communications programs
- Experience with USAID and/or other donor agencies is a plus
- Fluency in English and French required
- Based in Africa
- Ability to work from own home or office
For more information and to submit an application, visit the JSI website at: https://careers.jsi.com/JSIInternet/Careers/jobdescription.cfm?id=146721&intern=0
Applications will not be accepted via email or the IAPHL Listserv!