IAPHL is currently recruiting for part-time (50% time) executive director based in Africa! The right person for this job is a talented, passionate community-builder, a supply chain expert and a leader who can act as champion, strategist, networker, and fundraiser for the organization.
The executive director has overall responsibility for implementing all aspects of IAPHL: strategy, engagement, direction, activity, and finance. Specifically, the executive director’s responsibilities include the following:
- Provide strategic leadership and vision to IAPHL
- Implement and evolve the current strategy and management plan to grow and strengthen the community of practice
- Facilitate member engagement
- Manage professional daily operation of the IAPHL
- Raise funds and create partnerships to ensure IAPHL sustainability
- Represent IAPHL in key fora with a multitude of stakeholders
- Demonstrated health supply chain expertise either in the public or private sector, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Experience working with or managing a community of practice or relevant experience with professional association work, communications, knowledge management and or mentor programs is a major plus.
- Advanced degree in pharmacy, supply chain, public health or related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record that demonstrates leadership skills, team and project management, budget and resource management experience, and monitoring indicators
- Experience with client relationship management, including with USAID and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills; full professional fluency in English; proficiency in French, Spanish, or Portuguese a plus.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a non-hierarchical, participatory management environment.
- Ability and willingness to raise funds in support of the association
- Ability to travel internationally
- Based in Africa
- Ability to work from own home or office
Please note this is NOT a US-based position and recruitment will be limited to professionals in Africa.
For more information, including responsibilities, and to submit an application, visit the JSI website.
Applications will not be accepted via email or the IAPHL Listserv!