Job Title: Manager – Supply Chain Finance
Job Location: Africa Regional
Job Description: ABOUT VILLAGEREACH
VillageReach is an NGO that develops solutions to critical health system challenges in low-resource environments, with an emphasis on strengthening the “last mile” of healthcare delivery. VillageReach combines expertise across public health, technology, and business to bring life-saving innovation – new systems, programs and technologies – to scale and sustainability in the world’s most underserved communities. VillageReach is headquartered in Seattle, WA with offices located in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi and Mozambique.
VillageReach seeks a Manager – Supply Chain Finance to provide costing and budgeting expertise on a number of supply chain initiatives, with a focus on transport, warehousing and management related costs. The Manager – Supply Chain Finance will play a key role in identifying public health supply chain improvement opportunities by developing and applying approaches and tools to assess and manage supply chain costs and associated budgets. The manager will work with VillageReach staff in multiple country offices, as well as with global, regional and country partners and donors. The successful candidate will be a person motivated by mission, by a highly dynamic and entrepreneurial environment, and by the understanding that his or her contribution can and will impact the success of VillageReach. Preference will be given to applicants who live and are qualified to work in one of the following locations: Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania or South Africa. This position reports to the Director and Group Lead, Private Sector Engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
• Lead the development and implementation of a first-in-kind multi-country vaccine supply chain cost benchmarking study. Activities include, but are not limited to, benchmark scoping, study design, tool development, data collection, database management, analysis, visualization and reporting;
• Manage the supply chain cost database;
• Lead development and implementation of supply chain costing and budgeting methodologies, models and tools;
• Support supply chain costing and budgeting efforts as part of scaling current VillageReach innovations (e.g. drones for health, health hotlines, etc.) and investing in new opportunities;
• Work with Private Sector Engagement Director to enhance existing and future private sector partnerships through business case analysis.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
• Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
• Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
• Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
• Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
• Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If relevant, the successful individual will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education & Experience:
• A Master’s degree in supply chain management, business related field, or public health finance or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is required;
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working in supply chain finance and operations with a focus on driving performance improvement; experience in global health or international development a plus;
• Experience in supply chain costing in an international environment is essential; previous experience in quantitative performance benchmarking and budgeting is a plus;
• Knowledge and interest in analysis, analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative), and excellent computer skills are essential. Expertise in data visualization tools such as Tableau is a plus;
• Experience in identifying and recommending creative solutions to a diverse group of stakeholders;
• Strong communication and cross-cultural management skills with experience working with government officials;
• Established cultural competency in partnering with culturally, racially and linguistically diverse groups;
• Energy, intelligence, diplomacy, sound practical judgment and the ability to work independently without supervision and under pressure with great attention to detail.
• Passion for the mission of VillageReach, including strong commitment to global health, and a belief in the role of private sector solutions to public health systems;
• Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment;
• Eligible to work in one of the following locations: Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania or South Africa;
• Native-level English; professional or bi-lingual French or Portuguese is a plus;
• Ability to travel internationally, up to 20% of the time.
Environment and Physical Demands:
VillageReach has no private offices. Employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until April 27th at 4pm PST. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter [plus any other desired materials] to our online portal: https://villagereach-international-postings.workable.com/j/177862BB71
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.